Bruce County Tartan History
- Tweedsmuir Community History Collections (Stoney Creek, ON), 1962-1975
- Olive E. Hepburn, Compiler
- Media Type
- Item Type
- This 30-page booklet provides the history of the creation of the Bruce County Tartan, including information on the tartan committee, registration in Scotland, dedication ceremony, and how the tartan has been used. The 'Song of the Tartan' is included.
- Tartan was created to honour the Centennial of Bruce County and Canada. In 1973, the Bruce County WI received exclusive rights for the Tartan, as well as the Coat of Arms of Bruce County.
Publishing Date is probably 1975 as per page 23 of the booklet.
- Date of Original
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 44.50009 Longitude: -81.24974
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Copyright Holder
- Location of Original
- Part of the Bruce District Tweedsmuir Community History Collection.
- For commercial use, please contact copyright holder for permission and details.
- Reproduction Notes
- Contact the holder of the original.
- Federated Women's Institutes of OntarioEmail
Agency street/mail address552 Ridge Road
Stoney Creek, ON L8J 2Y6